We are looking for an experienced Software Architect who is passionate about writing the tools to integrate and build Okta’s enterprise applications and business solutions, especially in Salesforce.
You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases. Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the
enterprise engineering landscape.
You will get an opportunity to scale our business solutions to the next generation; enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and best-run company. This is a very high visibility role. Ideal candidates are hands-on and have a passion for conceiving and building secure, scalable and available solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● The expert of Salesforce platform--the Architect who owns our Salesforce implementation and its ecosystem.
● Own design reviews, coach the entire development team on best practices of software development and Salesforce development.
● You will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our enterprise business solution and their integrations, inside and outside of the Salesforce platform. Your internal customers span across all of Okta.
● Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support high velocity.
● Lead efforts in creating new tools/process/technology. We use the latest technology from AWS and you can experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our enterprise application space.
● Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● 10+ years hands-on Salesforce development building reliable, secure, scalable solutions
● Developing scalable, efficient applications.
● Designing complex synchronous and asynchronous processes with robust retry and error handling.
● Building rich user experiences with custom Lightning components.
● Delivering secure solutions that leverage native Salesforce.com mechanisms to protect sensitive data.
● Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines.
● Experience with Git or other version control systems
● Experience developing in enterprise applications such as Salesforce, CPQ, Workday, Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, FinancialForce, and Anaplan a plus.
● B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility
to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are
located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you
can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best
technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences,
empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.