Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Devices are important part of Okta's mission to provide secure and seamless access to our customers. By bringing device security and compliance into access decisions, we limit access to known endpoints that meet our customers' security and compliance requirements. We can limit access to devices with up-to-date software, compliant policies and encryption to improve security. Similarly, we enhance user experience by leveraging platform's native capabilities enabling seamless access to corporate resources.
The team is seeking a highly technical and experienced engineer to build Mac Client software that fulfills this vision. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working on Mac platform and helping Okta build the next generation of secure and seamless access to cloud resource. The role has a lot of impact and visibility within Okta and has a lot of growth potential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Mac client components
- Design and develop applications and services on Mac platform
- Building UI component on Mac client
- Create and review technical designs and proposals
- Implement unit/functional tests
- Review software design and peer's code
- Experience working in an Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices is required
- Strong development and debugging skills on macOS is required
- Hands-on experience in writing Swift, Objective-C code, UX development(Appkit/SwiftUI) is required
- Experience with CI/CD environment, bug reporting tools, crash reporting system for Mac applications is desirable
- Experience with Mac internals, Understanding of apple system extensions, keychain, app permission models is desirable
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience. At least 2 years’ experience designing and building enterprise software on Mac or iOS.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.