We are looking for top-notch back-end engineers to solve some of the most challenging Okta Engineering problems and own the performance and scale of our growing Core Platform. The Performance Engineering team is responsible for managing and safeguarding the resources that back the global Okta Identity Cloud services. This team performs comprehensive system analysis across all tech stack layers to optimize resource usage and identify areas where the resilience and scalability of our services can be increased. Features developed by this team assist in supporting the traffic generated by thousands of organizations and millions of daily active users worldwide. Working with teams across the entire engineering organization, this team relentlessly drives toward improved code performance, higher system scalability, and strong ownership of the products we build.
We hope you share our passion for our work and want to join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation cloud platforms. Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement frameworks to protect and optimize critical system resources
- Create and monitor meaningful performance metrics for various components of the Okta service
- Assist in developing and implementing models for infrastructure capacity
- Advise other teams within engineering on scalable and performant feature design and implementation
- Participate in scheduled on-call rotations that explores critical performance-related customer escalations
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer working with Java or a similar language
- 1+ years of experience with SQL and related technologies, preferably MySQL and Hibernate
- Experience in a role with a focus on performance aspects of SaaS offering
- Experience in Query optimization and relational database schema design
- Expertise in any of the following: Redis, Storm, ElasticSearch, Cassandra
- Experience troubleshooting or tuning SAAS/PAAS/IAAS performance
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.