Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at any time. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
More than 5,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International, Shire Pharmaceuticals and Western Union, use Okta to improve employee productivity, increase supply chain efficiency and revenue and improve compliance. The thousands of enterprises and cloud vendors, as well as the millions of people using Okta, are the foundation of the industry's fastest growing IT network for the cloud and mobile world. Okta is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta Engineering is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help us scale and increase velocity. You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery, increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including Engineers, Architects, Operations, Program Management, and Quality. We have a great team driving innovative projects--join us and bring your ideas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to articulate and drive a technical, strategic vision and roadmap
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
- Hire, manage and maintain a team of stunning colleagues
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and developer productivity
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to design and implement new tools/practice/technology
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in developing Continuous Delivery pipelines for a diverse set of projects using Java, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Python, Ruby, Bash, and more
- Knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with Gradle, Bazel, Artifactory, Docker registry, npm registry
- Experience in building internal developer tools
- Experience with AWS, its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- Experience in Kubernetes is a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. in CS or equivalent
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.