Staff Quality Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the Federated Identity team. This team is responsible for building software products and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own.
In this role you would report to the Manager, Quality Assurance and be responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on complex implementations. You will also be responsible for executing the test case scripts, building test automation and working collaboratively with the application developers to execute tests, log, track and validate test results.
- Clearly communicate and document quality plans for scrum teams to review
- Develop high quality functional, regression and end-to-end tests
- Implement improvements to functional tests suites and automation in response to evolving requirements, industry standards, product design or project requirements
- Work with business partners to drive user acceptance testing
- Guide project teams on testing practices and standards established by organization
- Raise quality issues with the QA and dev teams in a timely manner
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Collaborate with project and application managers to define test plans and test case scripts based on business requirements and application software designs.
- 5+ years’ experience with quality engineering with hands-on test automation experience
- Experience with industry tools like Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, JUnit, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience with automation of RESTful APIs
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Work under minimal supervision and/or direction
BS Computer Science or related experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.