Tired of hacking together a login system for every new mobile app? Want to build a beautiful library that makes authentication for any Android app super simple? Then Okta's Developer Experience team needs you!
Okta is an extensible identity platform and our APIs allows developers at companies of all sizes to integrate authentication and authorization solutions into their applications and platforms. The Developer Experience team is responsible for sharing the love with those developers by identifying common use cases and writing tools that make their lives easier, while helping them understand our product and the protocols that we support.
In this role you will be working in our Open Source Software (OSS) program and will gain invaluable experience with library design and development, as well as interacting with a community of engaged developers who use your work on a daily basis. You will continue to deepen your knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the Kotlin language by writing SDKs that other developers will use in real-world, production applications that reach millions of users. This role provides the opportunity to design right, code right, and test right.
We are a team of polyglots. Our team works closely together to design solutions that feel similar across languages and environments. We're looking for an Android focus, but also value a generalist mindset.
Interested in the work we do? It's open source, check us out on GitHub ;)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build software development kits (SDKs) that facilitate the integration of Okta's authentication and authorization use cases for the Android ecosystem
- Interact with our customers through Github, responding to issues and reviewing pull requests
- Participate in software design and code review for all libraries that the team creates
- Implement holistic testing strategies to assert we're delivering a good developer experience, including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Write documentation for the libraries that we create
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years experience with the Java and Kotlin languages for mobile application development
- 2+ years actively building Android applications that have reached production status and been in the hands of end users
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with iOS development
- Prior experience with providing SDKs or libraries that other developers (internal or external) have used in their applications
- Prior experience with managing software projects on Github (e.g. opening issues, contributing to issues, creating pull requests)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.