We are looking for an Application Engineer to leverage and expand Okta's Workflow Automation and Integration Development Platform. The Okta Integration Network (OIN) provides comprehensive single-sign-on, MFA, user management, workflow, and mobile integrations to over 5,000 cloud services, such as G Suite, Workday, Salesforce, Box, Slack, GitHub, and Atlassian. The team is responsible for designing and building top-notch workflow integrations, whilst also improving the tools we leverage for building workflow integrations. In this role, you will create user facing integration components called Workflow Connectors, that provide critical building blocks in enabling custom built integrations by Okta's customers that drive many of their mission critical, production, business workflows used by thousands of users. You will also be responsible for providing feedback and requirements of integration best practices to continuously evolve Okta's Workflows and Integration Platform. If you share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions, you are the right candidate to join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our application engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
- 1+ years of experience user interface design (i.e. HTML and CSS)
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to review third-party API documentation to determine feasibility of, and implement different integration patterns (using SOAP and REST APIs).
- Understanding of server side programming principles (HTTP, Load Balancing, Database systems, Caching, Asynchronous processing, Webhooks, Serverless Computing, Cryptography, Authentication and Authorization).
- Knowledge of network security, TLS.
- Well-organized, methodical, documentation and detail focused.
- Familiarity with common software engineering tools such as git, github.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning, and attention to detail.
Nice to Have:
- API design experience
- Functional programming experience
- Experience enhancing a system of scale
- Experience developing tools leveraged by other developers
- Experience developing reusable software components that other developers and business users will leverage
Education And Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.