We are looking for an experienced Architect to lead our design efforts for Okta's Federal SaaS product. At Okta, we are "Always On." The core of that starts with this team, ensuring that customers never worry about the Okta service. They strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet.
We are looking for a smart, innovative, and passionate architect for this role. Someone who has a passion for designing complex cloud-based network infrastructure on a cloud platform. The ideal candidate is someone that welcomes the challenge and enjoys seeing their designs run at scale with automation, testing, and tuning. If you exemplify the ethics of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team that designs and build Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on networking and security at scale
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable network services across Okta engineering
- Work with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver cloud-based infrastructure projects that will solve reliability issues and help Okta’s services scale
- Drive the long-term vision and architecture of reliability and resiliency, both of core software and infrastructure
- Driving initiatives to evolve our current platform to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Develop strategic plans for Okta’s Federal offerings in partnership with Okta Federal team, security, compliance, product management and GTM teams
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards and set an example by following best practices.
Qualifications for the role
- Hands-on experience with AWS or GCP Cloud services and infrastructure automation using Chef, Terraform, Ansible or Saltstack
- Deep understanding of Cloud infrastructure, IaaS, Network & Security infrastructure such as virtual firewalls etc.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements
- Extensive experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
- Deep understanding of Microservices, Kubernetes and containers
- Understanding and experience with SRE concepts and practices, including being an advocate for the elimination of toil and drive simple solutions
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth 2.0, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- 5+ years of experience architecting and designing large scale network solutions
- Exposure to FedRAMP,DoD,SOC2 compliance requirements - FedRAMP, IL
- 7+ years of programming experience in an object-oriented programming language like Java, especially in backend services.
- Broad and deep experience with cloud & PaaS providers and modern stack technologies: Redis, Elasticsearch etc.
- Understanding and experience with Agile principles, practices, and tooling
- Experience with developing tooling and automation in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, or similar language
Education and Training
- BS. Computer Science (plus) or equivalent experience
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $204,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.