Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Here at Auth0 we’re focused on securing the internet by powering the login box. Auth0 Extensibility products, such as Actions, Rules, and Hooks, enable our customers who need custom authentication configurations, are easy to set up, powerful out of the box, and allow for developer custom code.
We are looking for an Engineering Director to lead our Auth0 Ecosystems engineering teams and Product experience team. As an engineering leader the individual will be responsible for providing an ultra-low latency, secure, and scalable platform for untrusted Extensibility code from our customers and partners and expanding our footprint for Marketplace offering for customers and partners and build an awesome product experience via our design, documentation and dashboards.
Successful candidates will have a passion for engineering leadership, be able to lead the strategy definition partnering with our product teams, a technical background in building reliable and scalable distributed cloud services, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the foundation of Auth0's Ecosystem through our Ecosystem products
THE PERSON HIRED INTO THIS ROLE CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN CANADA
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with our Engineering Managers and VP of Engineering to meet our customer and product needs with scale, security and high performance as top of mind
- Work with product and design to build the roadmap for Ecosystem at Auth0. This also involves talking to engineers, other teams, customers, and partners
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes and policies that create efficiencies during a time of massive growth towards our mission of 1Million developers.
- Lead, mentor and coach a mix of new and seasoned engineering managers, senior Engineers running widely distributed teams
- Tie every piece of work back to the mission of making the internet safer and the business value of making it easier for companies to solve Authentication.
- Partner in a leading role with our Program Management and Engineering leadership in our quarterly and yearly roadmap planning
- Maintain and strengthen a team culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers to meet the growth plan for the team, in collaboration with our recruiters.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Have 5+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
- Have 10+ years of experience across areas of software development including front end, back end and building SaaS software at large scale
- Demonstrated success as a Director or Senior Engineering manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Technical understanding through software engineering experience, having full stack and distributed systems and infrastructure. Experience designing, building, deploying, or managing distributed systems of significant scale
- Experience managing a geographically distributed engineering team
- Skilled at coaching teammates in all phases of their careers and experience providing focus to teams to enable them to achieve their goals.
- Thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- Confident and knows how to deal with ambiguities.
- Have extensive experience with Agile process, continuous integration, and test automation to build software services and associated infrastructure supporting monitoring, alerting and tooling required to operate it.
- You set high standards and can demonstrate a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Have excellent communication skills and comfort in a globally distributed work culture
Bonus points for:
We do not expect you to be an expert in everything below, only that you can learn the less familiar fast:
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts.
- Passionate about working on products that can bring world class user experience are highly reliable, maintainable , scalable and secure
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.