We’re growing fast here at Auth0 and are seeking an experienced Manager of Technical Portfolio Management to work across our Product Delivery organization to drive cross-functional planning and delivery of our portfolio of work. In this role, you will partner with senior product and engineering leaders in Product Delivery to build and execute strategic roadmaps to successfully deliver against business objectives while also developing and applying strong Portfolio Management practices across a team of program and project managers. You are a leader with a growth mindset who has grown teams using Agile and Lean models.
What will you be doing?
- Lead, mentor, and strengthen a team of project and program managers
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering leaders to ensure delivery against our portfolio goals
- Establish and continuously optimize practices and processes to improve the way we execute on our roadmap and maintain system health
- Build trusted partnerships to effectively communicate and influence all levels in the organization
- Collaborate with peers to drive consistency of practice, provide insight & measure portfolio execution health
- Act as a champion for Agile and Lean principles across the organization
- Engage key technical and functional stakeholders by establishing strong relationships, setting expectations, and aligning delivery to these expectations.
Might be a good fit if you:
- 8+ years of technical program/project management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven success managing a team of people with clear metrics and accountability
- Experience managing complex programs that span large, cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills that drive executional impact at scale
- Are a skilled collaborator, comfortable leading with influence, not authority
Bonus points for:
- Working at a high paced, fast growing tech startup.
- Technical degree and/or background in SW development.
#LI-RemoteOkta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.