At Okta the Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform Infrastructure team enables Auth0 engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily deploy and manage their services on AWS and Azure. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Auth0 to scale for years to come.
We are looking for Platform Senior Engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Because we build and support the overall Auth0 platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
- Implement a platform runtime that allows development teams to deploy and manage their services on Kubernetes and AWS or Azure.
- Research and implement solutions that address cross cutting concerns such as service discovery, configuration, routing and scaling.
- Design and develop new services, tools and automation to expose environment functionality to other Auth0 engineering teams.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Discover and advocate for new technologies to accelerate new environment creation.
- Carry cross team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 6+ years of software development experience.
- Are proficient in Golang.
- Have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization.
- Have DevOps experience using cloud-agnostic, cloud-native technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals.
- Have demonstrable expertise working with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform at scale.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have a passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team.
- Have significant experience working with Redis, Kafka and/or PostgreSQL at scale.
- Familiarity with gRPC.
- Aware of the best practices when creating Docker images.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.