We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Auth0 Extensibility engineering team, who will be responsible for providing an ultra-low latency, secure, and scalable platform for untrusted Extensibility code from our customers and partners. If you are excited about building Functions-as-a-Service model , solving problems for systems at high scale with high SLO expectations and lead a team that can help build simple solutions for distributed system architecture.
Successful candidates will have a passion for engineering management, a technical background in building reliable and scalable distributed cloud services, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the foundation of Auth0's Ecosystem through our Extensibility products. What you will be doing:
- Lead and magnify the impact of a highly collaborative team of software engineers in their implementation and operation of complex, secured, distributed systems.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience, and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Work with product and design to build the roadmap for Extensibility at Auth0. This also involves talking to engineers, other teams, customers, and partners.
- Tie every piece of work back to the mission of making the internet safer and the business value of making it easier for companies to solve Authentication.
- Maintain and strengthen a team culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers to meet the growth plan for the team, in collaboration with our recruiters.
- Demonstrated success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Technical understanding through software engineering experience, especially back-end and distributed systems and infrastructure.
- Experience managing a geographically distributed engineering team
- Skilled at coaching teammates in all phases of their careers and experience providing focus to teams to enable them to achieve their goals.
- Thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- Confident and knows how to deal with ambiguities.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Are a great communicator and communication facilitator.
We do not expect you to be an expert in everything below, only that you can learn the less familiar fast:
- Hands-on experience building highly reliable, scalable systems, leveraging technologies such as AWS, Azure, Node.js, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes.
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.