The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform Infrastructure team enables Auth0 engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily deploy and manage their services on AWS and Azure. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Auth0 to scale for years to come.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value to join our Platform Infrastructure Datastores team. Because we build and support the overall Auth0 platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
- Develop and operationalize our large, distributed and highly-available database infrastructure utilizing technologies such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Implement platform tools that allow development teams to deploy and manage the datastores for their services.
- Define and implement observability strategies to capture database performance and usage insights.
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Research and advocate for new technologies to accelerate new environment creation.
- Carry cross team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience working on Database, Site Reliability Engineering or infrastructure-owning teams.
- Are proficient in Golang, Java, or similar language
- Operated at least one distributed data storage system, at scale and in a team environment using technologies such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Have demonstrable experience working with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform at scale.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have a passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team.
- Have significant experience working with Redis at scale.
- Have DevOps experience using cloud-agnostic, cloud-native technologies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.