The Customer Identity Cloud (formerly Auth0) platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The new Data Platform team we are forming will build and operate data pipelines and scalable data infrastructure to support event streaming, messaging, and analytics use cases. In this high impact role, you will get to work with engineers throughout the organization to build foundational infrastructure that allows the Customer Identity Cloud to scale for years to come.
We are looking for senior data platform engineers who are passionate about distributed systems, availability, and delivering customer value. Because we build and support infrastructure used by services throughout Auth0, the ideal candidate is someone who is excited about collaborating to solve problems that affect the entire ecosystem of Auth0 services.
What you’ll be doing
Design, develop, and operate highly scalable data pipelines and infrastructure that enables rich security, eventing, and analytics use cases
- Apply software engineering principles to reliably provide data services as a platform
- Coach and mentor engineers to help scale up the engineering organization
- Evaluate and advocate for modern technologies to accelerate value delivery and improve engineering efficiency
- Carry cross-team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Participate in team’s on-call rotation to build operational excellence on services we support
What you’ll bring to our teams
- 4+ years of software development experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience building and operating highly scalable distributed systems
- Familiarity with cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with caching systems and databases such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Experience with reliability engineering on areas such as observability and incident management
- Experience building data-intensive applications using technologies such as Kafka, Hive, Spark, Hadoop, CDC
- Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code technologies like Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform
- Knowledge of distributed database systems and data warehouses such as Snowflake and RedShift
- Familiarity with or interest in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) business domain
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.