The Auth0 Product Unit’s Security Engineering team collaborates closely with Auth0 engineering teams to secure the Auth0 Identity Platform.
As a Software Engineer II, you will significantly contribute to security software and automations that enable the secure development of our product. Your contributions will help Auth0 scale to meet the needs of a distributed workforce and our rapidly growing product. Additionally, you will work with the teams that leverage our tools to ensure Auth0 remains compliant with all relevant regulations.
If you are a security-focused problem solver with a strong mind for edge cases who enjoys collaborating in a remote environment, then look no further!
As a software engineer on the Security Engineering team, you will:
- Engineer security tools, services, and automations which empower Auth0 security and product teams to work more efficiently and securely.
- Communicate with teams across all departments at Auth0 to discover and define requirements
- Work with engineers across the Auth0 Product Unit to integrate tooling into the Auth0 service ecosystem or existing processes
- Document and maintain system security, reliability and observability
- Assist with the management, support, and access review of team-owned 3rd party applications
- Participate in the team's working hours on-call rotation
You are a good fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, fully-remote team.
- Have intermediate (2+ years) experience with Python, NodeJS, or Golang
- Enjoy owning project features from requirements gathering to delivery and operations
- Have experience creating public or internal APIs.
- Have experience with unit/integration/end to end/performance testing
- Have experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Have worked with cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Consider the importance of security on design decisions
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience creating serverless applications, such as services which leverage Lambdas and Step Functions
- Have experience with the Serverless (serverless.com) framework
- Have experience managing and integrating 3rd party security and engineering applications and APIs
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.