Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we build exactly? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Extensibility Engineering team to help us continue to improve our ultra-low latency, secure, and scalable platform for our customers and partners in the Auth0 ecosystem.
Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing and operating cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of security and isolation challenges in running untrusted code, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the foundation of Auth0's Ecosystem.
What you will do:
- As part of a high caliber engineering team, you will collaborate with Product and Security teams to define and continually improve Auth0’s Extensibility platform and architecture.
- Design, architect, and document large scale distributed systems.
- Implement features across different layers of the stack using technologies such as AWS, Azure, Node.js, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes.
- Drive technical decision making while striving to hit the right balance between factors such as simplicity, flexibility, reliability, and performance.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's architecture, performance, observability, security controls, and best practices.
What you bring:
- Passion and thorough understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure, reliable systems at scale.
- Application security and cloud security best practices.
- You have previous experience in software development building distributed systems (Node.js and/or Go preferred).
- You have exposure to API-driven applications using RESTful and/or gRPC.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments and container deployments.
- 5+ years of experience working on large-scale systems or services.
US Remote; Canada Remote
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $178,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.