This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, it’s for you if you like to help people to grow and if you like solving non-trivial problems, transforming them into smaller easier problems.
IAM Core is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Auth0 application: the authentication pipeline, the protocols, the sessions, anomaly detection and customer security detection and response mechanisms.
The Foundations team is an enabler to our other Auth0 product teams, ensuring we have effective tooling and shared capabilities, as well as robust cross-team utilitary services that allow them to focus on delivering business value and increases their velocity, whilst ensuring they can grow faster and safely with the paved roads Foundation builds and maintains.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler, we can’t wait to talk to you.
As a Senior or Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Learn about identity and security and how Auth0 and Okta enables companies around the world to securely innovate.
- Take ownership of building new and evolving existing features and services within our ecosystem, enabling our product teams to safely move faster.
- Build and leverage existing tooling to ensure efficient and safe development processes and delivery.
- Work with and be exposed to many of the latest cloud technologies and best practices.
- Join a highly collaborative environment where you will be learning from and teaching other amazing engineers.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience.
- You have experience creating and maintaining public APIs and/or packages.
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You have a passion for efficiency and how to maximize developer’s productivity.
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have practical experience developing and improving public facing web applications and APIs in modern programming languages.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Cloud environments and running production services on them.
- You understand the Devops culture and like moving between infrastructure and code.
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- Have experience with developer enablement and accelerating development teams through best practices and shared tooling.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.