Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Okta is seeking a Compliance Technical Writer for our Toronto location to document information about Okta infrastructure and architecture. We are looking for someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new tools and technology.
As a technical writer for Okta’s Infrastructure team, you will work with our engineers, architects and compliance managers to understand simplify and systematically document our internal architecture and processes. This content will be used for compliance documentation and also for Okta engineers to understand the details of the Okta architecture. When not working on compliance content, you will work with the Engineering teams to expand and organize their internal process content.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate, update and review specifications and processes for Okta systems and architecture
- Work closely with Engineering, Architects, Product Management, Technical Program Managers and others to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Infrastructure architectural diagrams which may include network architecture, data flow, etc.
- Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards, content architecture for internal process documentation.
- Maintain internal development process documents; simplify the content, findability and usability of internal documents.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in writing technical internal process documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products.
- Knowledge or experience of Okta or similar Identity and Access Management products and technology
- Strong ability to understand practical applicability of security products in the real world and produce use case-based content
- Experience using software to generate architectural diagrams, Confluence, and Jira.
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for global audience
- Experience in any of the following is an added plus: API-based Developer documentation, end-user documentation, development of web sites.
Education and Training:
Degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.