We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who will join a new elite team that focuses on Customer Centric Engineering. Customer Centric Engineering (CCE) Team consists of high performing Customer Centric Engineers who bring unwavering focus on customer success within engineering. The team ensures customer success by troubleshooting, debugging, and proposing fixes to the most complex customer issues escalated by our last tier of Technical Support. You will drive cross-functional response to critical technical incidents, acting as quarterback and customer advocate within R&D, and represent the Technology organisation to customers and our Support organisation. This role will also be a champion for development of internal troubleshooting tools for various teams.
This role requires the abilities of both Software Engineer and Tier 3 Customer Support to act as an effective interlink and be able to understand the overall Okta infrastructure. Ideal candidates will share our passion and great pride in customer first culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand customer use cases, work with support and escalation teams closely to be an effective liaison between engineering and support
- Work closely with Dev teams to propose fixes or design changes
- Take complete ownership and follow-up on escalations
- Provide summary on status of various cases that are escalated to engineering
- Collaborate cross-functionally to solve hard technical problems
- Identify opportunities to propose new troubleshooting or performance analysis tools for production operations staff
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation for critical customer escalations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in software development Customer Centric Engineering or Sustaining team role
- Industry experience working in a large scale, multi-tenant production environment
- Experience in Customer Support
- Experience of working with Internet development technologies including Java, MySQL, Tomcat, Springboot, REST
- Experience in the Identity space is a definite plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.