We are looking for somebody with extensive experience and mastery of Active Directory, LDAP, Azure AD and Office 365. You are an expert in these technologies and will have deeper engagement in handling customer escalations related to Directories and Microsoft technologies. As part of a new, elite team that focuses on Customer Centric Engineering you will ensure customer success by working closely with Tier 3 support and customers to troubleshoot and propose fixes/workarounds to the most complex customer issues escalated by the last tier of Support. You will work closely with other teams in engineering and Customer Support to respond to critical technical incidents and act as customer advocate within R&D, focusing on the critical area of Directories. You may have been a seasoned IT/Windows Administrator, Azure Administrator, Microsoft Field Engineer or an AD consultant in your past life.
This role requires the abilities of both Tier 3 Customer Support and expertise of Microsoft related directories to act as an effective interlink between Support, Customer and Engineering. Ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in customer first culture.
Okta integrates authentication and synchronization services with on-premises 3rd-party directories (e.g. LDAP and Active Directory) and Microsoft Apps like Office 365. The quality of these integrations is a strategic differentiator for Okta and accounts for a huge share of how customers get value from our product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup reproduction of customer reported issues by gathering essential data, understanding their environment and setup
- Troubleshoot and propose bug fixes or architectural changes (within Okta or with regard to customer side integration or customization). This role will initially be focused on Directory integrations and Office 365 but will expand to other product areas.
- Work closely with Dev teams to propose fixes or design changes
- Understand customer use cases, work with support and escalation teams closely to be an effective liaison between engineering and support
- Identify opportunities and propose new troubleshooting or performance analysis tools for production operations staff
- Take complete ownership and follow-up on escalations
- Provide summary on status of various cases that are escalated to engineering
- Collaborate cross-functionally to solve hard technical problems
- Mentor and coach junior team members as we build out the team
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation for critical customer escalations
Minimum required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years experience as a Microsoft Field/support engineer, focused on AD/LDAP/Azure AD, Microsoft Solutions Consultant, IT/Azure Administrator or Quality Engineer in Microsoft Directory Services
- 1+ Experience in a customer facing role
- Action oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly adaptable, fast learner, and resourceful
- Proven experience in large scale, multi-tenant production environment
- Dependable, motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience in the Identity space is a definite plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree with Computer Science, IT or related field as a major
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work