Okta is looking for a Customer Centric Engineer Manager to help us lead and manage an elite and high performing team of Customer Centric engineers who bring unwavering focus on customer success within engineering. This team ensures customer success by troubleshooting, debugging, and proposing fixes to the most complex customer issues escalated by our last tier of Technical Support. You will drive cross-functional response to critical technical incidents, acting as quarterback and customer advocate within R&D, and represent the Technology organization to customers and our Support organization. This role will also be a champion for development of internal troubleshooting tools for various teams.
This role requires the abilities of both Technical Support and the Software Development to act as an interlink, as well as being able to understand the overall Okta infrastructure. You get a seat at the table to represent and drive engineering for customer success. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in customer first culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Engineering leadership and Customer Success to effectively drive customer escalations to resolution
- Have the ability to help CCE team reconcile competing priorities to arrive at a strategy that will move the needle for the Business
- Understand customer use cases, work with support and escalation teams closely to be an effective liaison between engineering and support
- Track and follow-up on escalations
- Track metrics to measure success and hold teams accountable for driving issues to resolution
- Represent Engineering in calls and meetings with customers
- Provide executive summary on status of various cases that are escalated to engineering
- Collaborate cross-functionally to solve hard technical problems
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Identify opportunities to propose and manage development of new troubleshooting or performance analysis tools for production operations staff
- Lead, recruit, and mentor customer centric engineers
- Participate in and manage an after-hours on-call rotation for critical customer escalations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years in managing Customer Centric Engineering or similar teams
- 5+ years experience in a Customer Centric Engineering or similar role
- Knowledge of Internet development technologies (e.g Java, MySQL, Tomcat, Springboot, REST)
- Action oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Highly adaptable, fast learner, and resourceful
- Proven experience in large scale, multi-tenant production environment
- Dependable, motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience in the Identity space is a definite plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.