This is an opportunity to join our fast-growing Adaptive Authentication team to develop cutting-edge risk-based adaptive authentication policies. We are looking for a Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer to build large-scale distributed systems while using machine learning to solve business problems. The ideal candidate has experience building models from complex systems, developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, and experience or knowledge in security, authentication or identity.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineering and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and own models that identify risk associated with anomalous activity in the cloud for authentication
- Build Machine Learning pipelines for training and deploying models at scale
- Analyze activity data in the cloud for new behavioral patterns
- Partner with product leaders to define requirements for building models
- Work closely with engineering lead and management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- 2+ years of Data Science/Machine Learning experience
- Skilled in using machine learning algorithms for classification and regression
- 5+ years of software development experience in an object-oriented language building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Experience with multi-factor authentication, security, or identity is a plus
B.S, M.S, or Ph.D. in computer science, data science, machine learning, information retrieval, math or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.