We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
About our Internship:
We are looking for University students in undergraduate or graduate programs who are enthusiastic about a 2022 summer internship as a Database Administrator/Database Reliability Engineer (DBA/DBRE) with our EMEA Site Reliability Engineering team
Tech Internships at Okta are not about coffee making and busy work. You will work on critical projects, challenging problems and complex systems. You will learn more practical knowledge in your time with us than any online course can give you. You will work alongside dedicated, passionate and skilled technical teams as a valued contributor. And many of our best interns receive full time offers of employment upon completion of their time here.
As an Okta Technology Intern you will:
- Implement features in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Design and deploy high-performance, scalable software, tooling & infrastructure
- Interface with QA, Product Management & Customer Support
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Interest in relational databases, operating systems, containers and deploying highly-reliable, mission-critical software at scale.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language (e.g. Golang, Java, python, ruby)
- Ability to administer a Linux operating system
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, Containers or Application Servers (experience in one or more preferred)
- Understanding of networking, encryption, authentication and authorization
- Experience using with a cloud web service and its API (AWS/GCP)
- A database certification from a recognised source
- Ideally: previous summer internships in enterprise SaaS companies
OKta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities. As an Okta Intern we offer a competitive salary, paid lunches and great benefits.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…