Okta is looking for a development manager to helps us build the next generation of the integration platform that will provide composable and configurable units of integration. The integrations units will enable our Professional Services, Partners, ISVs and Customers to build applications with the flexibility to enhance customers’ business processes with Okta’s identity cloud management product. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate hands-on manager to join the team who is ready to roll up the sleeves and dig in to the details if need be and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in managing an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale and performance, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You’ll partner with product team and business development to build a compelling product and introduce critical new capabilities to drive adoption and ubiquity of our platform and enrich our ecosystem. If you are someone, with a passion and a track record in leading engineering team in building engaging products, who is technical and business savvy with the willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent products and organizations, this is the place for you!
Our teams are fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our managers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing clear priorities, expectations, and accountability for individuals and team
- Collaborate with product management to help define and refine product roadmap
- Driving the execution and delivery of product features with high quality product by working with cross-functional teams, system architects, qa and doc
- Providing regular feedback, technical guidance, and mentoring to team members
- Fostering collaborative, engaging and inclusive team environments
- Maintaining and improving our culture by sourcing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity & inclusion
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience in developing enterprise cloud software development
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Experience working with product & program managers to align on objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risk.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for technical discussions.
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Lead, recruit, mentor and retain engineers
- Expertise in managing projects written using Java/C#, REST API, JSON.
- Experience or knowledge of cloud computing services such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience managing framework/platform team
- Shipped a large-scale project with cross team dependencies
- Enjoy communicating to all levels of our customer support and professional services.
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, identity and provisioning a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work