The Engineering Technical Program Management - Infrastructure & Security Team’s mission is to enable Okta to deliver on key strategic goals by bringing groups together across Engineering, Security and Compliance, Product Management, and Customer Support. Engineering TPMs drive prioritization, planning, execution, and ensure transparency while managing success criteria.
The Director, Federal Engineering Technical Program Management is a key member of the Federal Business Leadership Team. You are responsible for the planning and execution of Engineering efforts in support of our Federal customers. You will not only have strong experience managing a team of Engineering TPMs, but also experience managing the implementation of security & compliance initiatives within an Engineering or Infrastructure organization in a SaaS and agile environment.
*This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
- Lead Engineering’s partnership with Security and Compliance, and Product Management to understand Federal Program requirements and priorities.
- Engage with external parties as needed on behalf of Engineering such as sponsoring agencies, and the FedRAMP PMO
- Oversee the creation of roadmaps and execution plans for Engineering’s key initiatives within the Federal Program
- Champion the use of agile best practices within Infrastructure and Engineering for delivery
- Lead the introduction of new tools, processes & workflows within Engineering for operational support of our Federal Customers
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
- Experience building out and overseeing Engineering Technical Program Management teams in a SaaS product development environment
- Minimum 10 years of hand-on technical project management experience in a SaaS product development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
- Experience with delivering FedRAMP, IL, or other compliance or security initiatives within Engineering organizations preferred
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence and build close relationships
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training in Agile and Scrum
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.