Okta is looking for a leader for its elite and high-impact global engineering team focused on customer success. Customer Centric Engineering team delivers customer success by bridging the gap between customer support and engineering via troubleshooting, debugging, and proposing fixes to the most complex customer issues escalated by our last tier of Technical Support. As a leader, you will drive cross-functional response to critical technical incidents, act as a quarterback and customer advocate within R&D, and represent the Technology organization to customers and our Support organization. This role will also be a champion for development of internal troubleshooting tools for various teams.
You will require the abilities of both Technical Support and Software Development: to act as an interlink as well as be able to understand the overall Okta infrastructure. You get a seat at the table to represent and drive engineering for customer success. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in customer-first culture.
- A thought leader with a proven track record of championing for customer success within engineering with a keen sense of balance of strategic and tactical solutions
- Passionate about continuous improvement and drive it by giving regular feedback to cross-functional leaders around product, tooling & process improvements
- An effective liaison between Customer Success and Engineering teams
- Fearless to get on customer calls for complicated escalated situations and represent Engineering effectively
- Proficient in providing executive summary for issues escalated to Engineering
- Somebody who finds joy in understanding our product, architecture and effectively maps it to escalations with deep technical details
- Passionate about a data-driven approach to track metrics and make informed decisions for the team and rest of Engineering
- An outstanding recruiter who builds diverse and inclusive teams
- Experienced, with 8+ years in an engineering management role, 5+ years in a Senior leadership role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership and Customer Success to effectively drive customer escalations to resolution
- Be a liaison with Customer Success teams to engage on customer calls to represent engineering or prepare Engineering executives before calls
- Help CCE team reconcile competing priorities and arrive at a strategy that will move the needle for the business
- Create a positive work environment and lead your team to track and follow-up on escalations effectively
- Identify opportunities to propose and manage development of new troubleshooting or performance analysis tools for production operations staff
- Track metrics to measure success and hold teams accountable for driving issues to resolution
- Provide executive summary on status of various cases that are escalated to engineering
- Lead, recruit, and mentor a global team customer centric engineers and managers
- Participate in and manage an after-hours on-call rotation for critical customer escalations
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 15+ years of engineering experience in a medium or larger software company
- 8+ years in leading software development or Customer Centric Engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to hire and grow the team
- Strong technical craft mastery in the engineering discipline
- Deep organizational capabilities, especially in regards to influence, collaboration and communication
- Proven experience in large scale, multi-tenant production environment
- Experience in the Identity space is a definite plus
Education and training:
- Bachelor's Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.