Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. More than 2,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.
Okta is seeking a Director of Engineering to help us take our product offerings and integrations to the next level. You will have an unique opportunity to help define and build the next generation of capabilities to expand our breadth and depth in enabling our customers and partners to integrate and leverage our platform to create innovative solutions for both platform and application use cases. You'll partner with the Product Team and Business Development to build a compelling product vision and introduce critical new capabilities to drive adoption and ubiquity of our platform and enrich our ecosystem. If you are someone with a passion and a track record in leading engineering teams in building engaging products, who is technical and business savvy with the willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in adjacent products and organizations, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering Architects to drive product and technology roadmaps. Have the ability to help teams reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements and priorities to arrive at a strategy that will move the needle for the Business
- Drive the product release strategy and planning. Set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology
- Establish strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships with engineering leadership and field teams
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the Engineering teams as well as cross functional teams
- Lead, recruit, and mentor engineers and engineering managers
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, and Technical Operations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 12+ years of experience of building large-scale products
- Proven ability to lead high-performing Engineering teams to deliver technical product releases from launch to scale. Drive continuous product improvement; Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders across organizations
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges with constant evaluation to foster innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Experience in building, working with, and understanding scalable hosted infrastructure. Capacity to be hands-on and highly technical
- Skills in managing multiple teams, with a capacity to manage a geographically diverse team
- Strong knowledge of devops and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- Experience with identity, provisioning, or single sign on a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.