Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a highly technical and experienced architect to join its Personal Engineering group. Okta has established itself as a critical platform when it comes to workforce and customer identity i.e. we help manage the identities for the world’s smallest startup to the world’s largest organizations. Our customer in this case is an organization which is looking to manage access and identities of it’s employees and customers. Personal Okta is a new group which aims to leverage our brand, our know-how in the field of identity and security and bring our assets to help an individual manage their own access and identities outside of the context of their employment i.e. for their personal life. Okta Personal is a visionary product that aims to solve identity and access management for all the people in the world so they can secure their services and applications and can seamlessly use any technology they want.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help drive the long-term architecture of our device software by working in conjunction with Product Management to align with business goals
- Translate product and market requirements into designs that align with mid and long-term goals for the product and technology evolution
- Design, implement (code), review and troubleshoot highly scalable client, and if comfortable, server-side software
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Provide technical guidance and influence in other areas of the Engineering (e.g. DevOps, Test Engineering, Security)
- Analyze and refine requirements with Product Management
- Communicate the vision of the product to external entities
- Foster, enable and promote innovation and IP Protection
- Keep abreast of and introduce at Okta, broader technical trends from the industry
- Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
- Work on technical diligence in M&A that is related to Okta’s Devices product portfolio
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 15+ years experience working in development roles in software engineering
- Deep knowledge and native code development skills in at least one of the following: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows.
- Hands-on software development skills
- Comfortable writing agent-based software
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design.
- PKI and related stacks: X.509, TLS, SSH
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Understanding and appreciation for TDD
Additional Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
- As much familiarity as possible with Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, C#. Additional languages a welcome plus
- Understanding of credential providers and security models
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, Web-Auth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Familiarity with authentication protocols in one or more of: macOS, Android, Win, iOS
- Experience with one or more of: Spring, REST, Maven, AWS, Redis, MySQL, Tomcat
- Experience working on low latency, highly scalable and mission critical environments
- Knowledge or experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
Education and Training
- B.S. Computer Science or related field (MS/PhD preferred)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.