Okta is seeking a Documentation Tools engineer who implements changes to support our information architecture, build and publishing processes. You will support the technical writers who develop content for Okta’s suite of products by implementing tooling and processes. You will also implement changes to improve the appearance and function of the help.okta.com site.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the documentation infrastructure, and release process
- Train and mentor technical writers in the best practices for structure authoring, automation and similar methodologies.
- Design, build, and manage the documentation user experiences that meet business objectives while enforcing quality, content structure and versioning in support of multiple products and globalization.
- Own the translation shipments for the product documentation, working closely with the Globalization team and Translation Coordinator.
- Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure the success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with Git or Github, branching and merging source content
- Experience with MadCap Flare XML is a plus
- Experience with DITA, Oxygen XML (or similar) authoring tools is a plus
- Experience migrating content from XML to DITA or structured authoring is a plus.
- Experience with React is a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.