Documentation Engineer / Technical Writer
Okta is seeking a Documentation Engineer / Technical Writer who is experienced in technical writing as well as evaluating and implementing publishing tools that are used by the team of Okta Technical Writers. Someone who has experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a documentation web site and curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a Documentation Engineer, you will evaluate the tools being used for authoring, publishing, and presenting documentation. You will also work with UX designers, PMs, and the Writers to design, implement, and maintain the documentation website adapting modern technologies keeping customer requirements and content find-ability in mind. You will be analyzing content access data and constantly implement enhancements to make the content and website more effective.
As a technical writer on the team, you will work on providing a positive content experience by guiding IT administrators to perform key tasks, such as setup, policy configuration, provisioning, and user/group management using Okta’s product portfolios.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Evaluate the existing documentation website for its effectiveness. Design and implement a more modern and user-friendly website in collaboration with PM, writers, and the UX design team.
* Implement Search capabilities on the website, plan implement effective system backups, system maintenance, migration, performance enhancements, etc
* Evaluate new authoring tools and enable the writers with new tools to enhance their productivity .
* Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
* Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
* Design, develop, edit, and produce technical and deployment documentation.
* Experience in designing, building, and maintaining web sites is a plus.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in writing, technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products. Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
- Must be proficient in Github and Git CLI, and able to use Git APIs for automation
- Madcap Flare experience is required
- Knowledge of Web frameworks, such as Zurb Foundation, Bootstrap, and the like
- Experience with customizing publishing processes, using, say the DITA Open toolkit is a plus
- Solid knowledge of system administration tasks on Windows and Mac platforms, including role administration, system and mobile configurations, rule and policy management, security, and distributed deployment
- Knowledge of API reference and developer’s documentation a plus
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
- Strong knowledge of Identity and Access Management products and technology
* Strong ability to understand practical applicability of security products in the real-world and produce usecase-based content
* Familiarity with KCS and Salesforce Knowledge a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work