As a member of Engineering's Technical Program Management team, you will own and execute a strategic communications program for Engineering's software development and infrastructure teams. The Communications Program Director will develop and deliver presentations and communications campaigns that provide transparency about Engineering priorities for internal organizations, as well as produce collateral that customer-facing teams can share externally.
The right candidate will be a charismatic and polished communicator who is able to tell a strategic story and build Engineering's brand. The Communications Program Director will take technically complex priorities or problems and translate them into a variety of engaging written, visual, or presentation-based messages for internal audiences based on their business needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise and execute communications strategies and campaigns to support Engineering's strategic objectives and brand goals while meeting the business needs of the Customer First organization.
- Provide communications and information sharing for major Engineering deliverables or milestones that meets the needs of teams interacting with customers and prospects.
- Develop Engineering content customized for a variety of audiences ranging from technical to those with little exposure to Engineering's priorities or challenges.
- Establish strong partnerships with the Customer First organization's teams and consult regularly with them to establish and maintain an understanding of their information needs.
- Partner with Engineering's leadership team to synthesize and translate their messages into a consistent, effective voice for various audiences – ranging from internal customer-facing team to external customers and partners.
- Turn technical presentations into relatable stories for all audiences; coordinate closely with cross-functional teams to finalize content, including Engineering, Product Management, Design, Customer First and Sales.
- Think strategically about content and execute on a campaign-wide scale; pushing out communications in a variety of formats – such as newsletters, case studies, and email campaigns – as well as professional grade presentations.
- Strong technical aptitude; experience working closely with engineering software development and infrastructure organizations.
- Understanding of cloud or SaaS Engineering technical challenges.
- Understanding and appreciation of information needed by customer-facing teams to address Engineering related questions or concerns from customer or prospects.
- Exemplary communication skills – written and verbal at all organization levels.
- Capable of summarizing and explaining technically complex issues as a concise message – using data as well as story-telling.
- Ability to consult with senior leadership and ask probing questions, seek to understand and influence the final outcome.
- Expert level presentation abilities; proven track record of creating and delivering professional, creative and modern presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of ppt and keynote presentation apps.
- Solid interpersonal skills, high energy, and proactive.
- Attention to detail and commitment to information accuracy and cross-organizational transparency.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical project or program management experience in software or system development organization is ideal.
- Background in technical consulting is ideal.
- Training in Agile or Scrum is ideal.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.