Here at Okta our Customer Identity Cloud (formerly Auth0) is focused on securing the internet while providing a frictionless integration experience for developers. We are currently hiring an Engineering Manager to be part of our Developer Experience organization with a focus on our Management API and Dashboard back-end portfolio. This product engineering is responsible for creating a seamless and productive experience through a well defined and maintained reference architecture for APIs and our main services.
What you will be doing
- Lead and grow a healthy, inclusive, collaborative team rooted in the opportunities they are creating for customers.
- Partner with every individual on the team to enhance their skills through coaching, training, and mentoring while aligning it to their personal and company goals.
- Tie every piece of work back to the mission of making the internet safer and the business value of making it easier for companies to solve Auth.
- Lead a team to build secure, reliable, highly available systems.
- Craft and execute plans in coordination with product marketing with measurable metrics and feedback loops.
- Establish & evolve frameworks for other product teams to follow for standardized API and Backend systems.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders around plans and risks.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have experience leading a back-end software development team.
- Are skilled at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Can provide focus to a team, enabling them to achieve their goals.
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during design and development.
- Can add value to a conversation, even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Prefer to lead by example.
- Are a great communicator and communication facilitator.
- Are comfortable with managing ambiguity and prioritization across multiple fronts.
- Can be effective at empowering your team and delegating work.
- Are capable of thinking broadly and beyond the needs of your direct team.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.