Okta’s Technology Services Team is responsible for building integrated, scalable, and robust enterprise applications. We are currently looking for an experienced, insightful, forward-thinking Engineering Manager with a strong ability to design and execute products that power the enterprise. As a member of Technology Services Team, you will play a key role in reimagining productivity by shipping transformative products that serve diverse aspects of the enterprise. If you are someone with a passion and a track record in leading engineering teams in building engaging products, who is technical and business savvy with the willingness to work collaboratively with stakeholders in the business, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Architects to drive product and technology roadmaps for internal Enterprise tools, including integrations with ERP and Salesforce. Have the ability to help teams reconcile seemingly contradictory requirements and priorities to arrive at a strategy that will move the needle for the Business.
- Drive the internal product release strategy and planning. Set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology
- Establish strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships with leadership and field teams
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Lead, recruit, and mentor engineers and engineering managers
- Identify/Define/Refine Engineering processes to streamline product delivery and ensure quality
- Facilitate Agile project planning and execution by running weekly and monthly sprint planning, as well as, tracking cross team dependencies to ensure prompt delivery
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience as technical lead or manager of software engineering teams
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, ability to guide and coach engineers
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Salesforce, Workday preferred.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience with identity, provisioning, or single sign on a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work