Okta’s Engineering Services team is looking for an Architect to help us scale and increase velocity. You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery, increasing the velocity and productivity of Engineering. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including Engineers, Architects, Operations, Program Management, Quality, and Business Technology. We have a great team driving innovative projects- join us and bring your ideas!’
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the long-term architecture of our CI/CD platform and developer tools; be the thought Leader in optimizing for developer productivity.
- Design CI and automation components for the scale of Okta with over 20 million tests run a day at peak.
- Set direction and influence the development of tools that support the end to end lifecycle of code management
- Act as an innovator by advising, recommending and managing the introduction of new technology and practices
- Consults with other architects across the R&D and Infrastructure Engineering teams to ensure our solution is addressing top concerns of engineers
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous integration, continuous delivery, and developer productivity.
- Design software or customize software for engineering use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Provide technical input by implementing Proof of Concept, influence the choice of the right technology, contribute to existing frameworks, and reviewing design and code.
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Support pre-prod infrastructure in the cloud--monitoring, backup and restore, SLA, cost control, deployment.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of Java application development, micro services architecture and successful elements of a multi-service ecosystem
- In-depth knowledge of large scale and high transactional continuous integration systems aimed at performance, accuracy and stability.
- Expert at Git, maven, build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Expert at troubleshooting.
- Experience with public cloud, its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in Kubernetes is a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. in CS or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.