Okta’s Developer Platform team is looking for early career developers that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. The candidate will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Designers
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components
- Focus on quality using test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Participate in refactoring, grooming, retrospectives, and other continuous improvement activities
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
- Participate in Okta’s UI Guild, drive improvements in the common UI framework and knock down technical debt
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Ability to program in React/Angular with a minimum of 2 year experience
- Knowledge of web application frameworks, RDBMs’ & Application Servers (experience in one or more preferred)
- Reasonable understanding of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization
- Nice to have: Experience with Selenium, and front end test frameworks
Education and Training: B.S., MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.