Okta Workflows is the foundation for secure integration between cloud services. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to quickly integrate different services, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing services such as directories and identity systems, as well as many other applications.
With Okta Workflows, organizations can implement workflows quickly, easily, at a large scale, and low total cost. Hundreds of customers, including NTT, and MGM, trust Okta Workflows to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
We are looking for a Front End engineer that understands UI to work on the Workflow team. This team is responsible for solving some of the most difficult problems at Okta while building Workflow services. You will share our passion and great pride in building elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation enterprise software. You will be part of a full-stack engineering team at Okta that provides opportunities to investigate new technologies and share knowledge, tools, code, and best practices. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around building next-generation Workflow services and scaling the existing service. You will partner with product management and user experience to examine and reference requirements to build elegant front end features.
Our team is fast, innovative, and flexible, with a weekly, agile release cycle and personal ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot highly scalable software and follow test mindset practices
- Evaluate and refine requirements with Product Management, UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Develop reusable components to enable implement UIs with a rich and consistent look and feel
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and other continuous improvement activities
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 6+ years in front end or full stack software development working with cloud-scale systems
- Prior experience working with Node.js
- Experience shipping user interfaces for production-grade applications in an agile, product-oriented environment
- Strong CS fundamentals. You know your data structures, algorithms, OOP, SQL.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge in PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Knowledge in Docker & Kubernetes
- Prior experience with or understanding of REST (or designing API’s) highly desirable
Education and Training
- BS Computer Science or related field