Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 10,650 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
We are looking for a skilled front end engineer who can partner up with product, UX leaders and other engineers to build solutions that empower our customers with interactive data visualizations and near real time data aggregation..
Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects and emerging technologies.
The Rate Limits Engineering team is responsible for designing and implementing solutions to strengthen the rate-limiting system used by all of Okta's services. This system safeguards the resources that back the global Okta Identity Cloud services while ensuring that our customers get the capacity to run their operations smoothly.
The team builds capabilities that enable Okta's 99.99% availability while also making rate limits customer-centric by giving customers more control, visibility and novel solutions to protect them from rogue clients/scripts and bad actors. Balancing customer success, availability, scale, and resource optimization is the focus area of this team.
As a UI Developer you will be responsible for:
- Analyze/refine requirements with Product Management, UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and other continuous improvement activities
- Participate in the UI guild, drive improvements in the common UI framework and knock down technical debt
- Collaborate with QA and Documentation teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience shipping user interfaces for production-grade applications in an agile, product oriented environment
- Strong experience with cross browser compatibility and optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of debugging scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and "componentization" in mind
- Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
- Prior experience with consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience with data visualizations and libraries such as D3.js
- Experience with Java, Hibernate, Spring
- Willingness to learn more backend technologies
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree is preferred