Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Enterprises using Okta today include Activision, Allergan, BMC Software, Groupon, Informatica, LinkedIn, Purolator and SAP. The hundreds of enterprises, thousands of cloud application vendors and millions of people using Okta’s identity management service form the foundation for the industry’s fastest growing, vendor neutral Enterprise Identity Network. Okta’s Enterprise Identity Network seamlessly and securely connects organizations, applications, and people, anywhere, anytime, from any device.
The Okta team has built and deployed many of the world’s leading on-demand and enterprise software solutions from companies including Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Microsoft, BMC, Arcsight, Sun, and HP.
We are looking for an experienced front end engineer to join the team that defines Okta’s Administrator Experience and License Management products. Your work will be front and center to thousands of Okta customer administrators that drive Okta functionality for millions of end users. You will have an opportunity to lead the redesign of our Okta administrator UI.
Our team strives to delight our admins as if they were consumers. We also own the Feature Toggle framework, which helps support CI/CD and the packaging of SKUs. Our team is at the intersection of our admins, our feature teams and sales automation.
The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging
technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in powerful frameworks, UX design, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Participate in thoughtful code reviews
- Proven ability to coach and mentor other engineers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong experience with cross browser compatibility and optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of debugging scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind
- Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent work experience
Some of the perks we offer:
- Stocked kitchen with a variety of beverages and snacks
- Subsidized cell phone and internet plans
- Mac hardware
An overview of our tech stack:
- We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring Boot and Backbone.js
- We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
- We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
- Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, npm, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible and the like
- We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work