Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customer migrate to cloud based identity and access management solution.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible, with a weekly, agile release cycle. They are eager to grow and to create impacts to world around us. They are open minded, constantly propose stimulating new projects and explore/adopt emerging technologies.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join the Sync Platform engineering team that builds common services for importing and syncing user, device, and entitlement data. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Conduct code reviews, analysis and performance tuning
- Implement unit and functional tests
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
- Java experience with 6+ years
- 2+ years of experience in ReactJS, TypeScript, SCSS, JEST
- 5+ years software development experience in an object-oriented language
- Experience building fast, reliable applications at an enterprise scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Deep understanding of infrastructure level technologies: caching, stream processing, resilient architectures
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate.
- Experience with working with Databases.
- Experience working with user data stores such as AD and LDAP
- Experience leveraging cloud computing services such as AWS
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication and authorization a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree majoring in computer science is preferred