Okta’s mission is to enable organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies. With over 7000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business.
The Okta Integration Network (OIN) Platform team’s mission is central to that of Okta by providing infrastructure and platform capabilities for the application and integration providers across a breadth of categories to integrate with Okta and for Okta customers to easily discover and configure these new software solutions and capabilities. We are constantly thinking about fostering network effects on the OIN platform by designing for reach and scale.
The OIN Platform is used by millions of users in their critical daily SSO and Provisioning workflows and we are now expanding it to use it beyond these 2 critical workflows. We welcome personalities that are self-driven, think outside-the-box and most importantly kind.Join us in building the next generation of OIN Platform, as we increase its footprint to even broader integration categories, in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, refine and shape requirements with product management and other stakeholders by asking the right questions and driving clarity.
- Work with various stakeholders to scope and plan engineering efforts to ensure project and feature launch success.
- Design and implement high-performance distributed scalable and fault-tolerant software components.
- Have a high bar for test-driven development, security principles, design and code reviews while harboring a sense of urgency.
- Enjoy working across a cross-functional team consisting of QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, TPM and UX to create an extensible platform.
- Own features and/or systems and define their long-term health and observability and reliability metrics.
- Influence proactively and widely through work deliverables as well as thought leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of full stack software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Experience working with systems of scale ranging from monolithic applications to microservices.
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading. We use Java, Spring, Hibernate, Redis.
- Experience with databases (e.g.MySQL, Postgres) and high performance (high-availability, low-latency) environments.
- Experience with modern Devops processes including infrastructure-as-code, container orchestration and safe rollout techniques (like canary deployments, feature flags, blue-green architectures etc).
Nice to Haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC .
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $178,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.