At Okta, we’re always innovating across the entire identity landscape, and our customers are always asking to do more with us. As the pace of change in the cloud continues at a rapid pace, the ability to move fast is a competitive advantage. To fund this continuous innovation, Okta has created an incubation program, building and nurturing new products and businesses internally. These projects are given the freedom to build independently like a startup, with the backing support of the Okta organization – the best of both worlds.
The inaugural incubation project, still in stealth mode, is focused on making cloud infrastructure security simple and accessible for everyone who interfaces with it. With such a grand vision, we’re looking to assemble an amazing team of strategic go-getters with a relentless focus on execution. The Head of Community will drive a wide range of engaging activities across a variety of channels, helping to educate the market around cloud security best practices, and to drive awareness for our customer-driven solutions. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible and expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a community program for cloud practitioners from the ground up, establishing engagement, conduct, and promotional activities and guidelines
- Recruit cloud practitioners across every industry to encourage community contributions and participation
- Consistently drive a number of community projects across a variety of channels – content, events, promotions, and more
- Identify and collaborate with strategic partners across the media & technology landscape to grow our community efforts
- Think creatively about new and fun ways to reach a wider audience of cloud practitioners
- Build and execute on strategic plans for seeding and growing our community in target regions around the world
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years experience in program management or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of launching, leading and scaling programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A tenacious leader with endurance and grit. Can lead by example as a hands-on contributor and build a strong team, while also acting in a strategic capacity.
- Empathy for developers, operations, and security practitioners, regardless of skill level
- Experience translating technical needs into strategic plans and vice versa
- Strong technical background. Previous experience building software or managing infrastructure will be an advantage
- 2+ years of people manager experience
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills — with the experience needed to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Okta
- Event organizing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- BA or BS Degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.