Operations Software Engineer Intern - USA
Role Location: San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA Bellevue, WA
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science degree who are interested in a 2019 Summer Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in deploying mission critical systems at scale and have an interest in solving one of a kind problems.
We are looking for dynamic and collaborative software engineering interns to join the Technical Operations team. We also have opportunities across a wide range of areas within our engineering organization.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever. We have offices in San Francisco's SoMa district, within walking distance from both BART and CalTrain, downtown San Jose as well as a brand new office in Bellevue, Washington.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement features in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Design and deploy high-performance, scalable software features
- Design, test and deploy production code
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support,
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in operating systems, containers and deploying highly-reliable, mission-critical software at scale.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language (e.g. Java, python, ruby)
- Ability to administer a Linux operating system
- Knowledge of RDBMs’, NoSQL databases, Containers or Application Servers (experience in one or more preferred)
- Understanding of networking, encryption, authentication and authorization
- Experience using with a cloud web service and its API (AWS/GCP)
- Nice to have: past summer internship experience, ideally in enterprise software companies
Education and Training: (In progress) B.S., MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work