About Okta Devices
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication, which is why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
The team is seeking a highly technical and experienced engineer to build iOS application software & SDKs that fulfill this vision. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working on the iOS platform and helping Okta build the next generation of secure and seamless access to cloud resources. The role has a lot of impact and visibility within Okta and has a lot of growth potential.
- You will join the iOS Platform team to design and implement Okta’s mobile line of products, the iOS Okta Verify app, and public SDKs.
- You are a highly technical and experienced engineer. You have a passion for working on mobile platforms, with deep expertise and extensive experience on the iOS platform.
- You have successfully built an enterprise or consumer product on the iOS platform.
- You are comfortable leading the technical path of an organization breaking ground in a new frontier.
- You will enjoy a high degree of responsibility and impact within Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze/refine requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping iOS client components.
- Design and develop components for iOS apps and SDKs.
- Build UI, internal frameworks/SDK, and unit and functional tests.
- Create and review technical designs and proposals.
- Participate in code review and other standard team processes.
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX.
- Experience working in an Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Strong application development skills on the iOS platform.
- Strong Swift or Objective-C language skills and knowledge.
- Experience with Xcode and other iOS-specific development tools.
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience in building iOS application software to interact with RESTful backend services.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, Kerberos, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Security or Systems development experience on iOS, such as Keychain services, Certificate, Key and Trust services, Device Administrator experience, jailbreak detection, code signing, or tamper resistance experience.
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management.
- Experience working on public-facing SDKs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years’ experience designing and building application software on the iOS platform.