The Okta iOS platform team is responsible for building Okta's iOS Apps and SDKs. Okta Verify is a mobile app that allows you to securely access your apps via 2-step verification, ensuring that you, and only you, can access your app accounts. It integrates with iOS system features by communicating with our backend to and grant proper application access.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join the iOS platform team. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining Okta Verify and SDKs across iOS, iPadOS and WatchOS platforms.
In this role you would report to the Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance and be responsible for robust and secure releases and the automated testing of Okta Verify app and SDKs on the iOS platform. You will also be responsible for developing the test case scripts, building the test automation framework and working collaboratively with application developers to execute tests, log, track and validate test results.
- Clearly communicate and document quality plans for scrum teams to review.
- Develop and maintain high quality functional, regression, and end-to-end tests for iOS Okta Verify app.
- Develop test automation, and contribute actively towards design and code reviews.
- Write and review designs and code in Swift/Obj-C with colleagues of different skills and seniority
- Validate bug fixes and recommend product improvements to ensure seamless user experiences for iPhones, iPads and Apple Watch.
- Raise quality issues with the quality and development teams in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the product management, development and cross functional teams to define test plans and test case scripts based on business requirements and application software designs.
- 3+ years of software test experience for iOS mobile applications
- Experience in developing iOS test tools using Swift/Obj-C
- Strong hands-on experience with XCTest framework and XCUI UI tests
- Experience with mobile continuous integration/continuous deployment process
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with integration tools like CircleCI, Bitbar, SauceLabs is a plus
- Work under minimal supervision and/or direction
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.