At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
For this role we are looking for a lead SRE for our primary authentication platform and its associated webservices and NoSQL infrastructure.
You will work on:
- Designing, building, running, and monitoring Okta's production infrastructure
- Providing guidance on creating new container applications and migrating existing applications to containers
- Driving initiatives to evolve our current platform to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Triaging and troubleshooting complex production issues to ensure reliability and performance
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Continuously evolving our monitoring tools and platform
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
Supporting a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have a track record of leading successful SRE/Devops projects
- Can go into depth on topics such as scaling, networking, monitoring and security of containers in production.
- Have extensive experience building scalable platforms leveraging containers in a production environment. Experience with Java/Tomcat and AWS based solutions a big plus.
- Have experience with logging and telemetry services.
- Have experience automating and running large scale production services in AWS or other cloud providers
- Are able to code to a good standard with any programming language, but especially Ruby, Python or Go, using source control and Agile methodologies
- Have experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform.
A solid understanding of configuration management principles and tools such as Chef.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL cluster data stores such as MySQL, Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Understanding of CI/CD principles, Linux fundamentals, networking concepts and IP protocols
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work