Okta Workflows is the foundation for secure integration between cloud services. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to quickly integrate different services, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing services such as directories and identity systems, as well as many other applications.
Because Okta runs the integration workflow platform, organisations can implement the workflows quickly at large scale and low total cost. Hundreds of customers, including NTT, and MGM, trust Okta Workflows to help their organisations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work in our Workflows back-end Team. This team is responsible for building secure, scalable, and robust backend workflow services which underpin a market-leading interactive web-service integration and automation system. This is an opportunity to leverage your considerable experience developing highly scalable distributed cloud applications while building new skills in Workflows. This is a hands-on full-time coding role that suits a passionate person who lives to solve complex challenges at scale.
Our team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the lead engineer within the Workflow Insights team
- Drive technology innovation and code quality
- Mentor and develop other engineers within the team
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and API microservices in Rust Language on Kubernetes in public cloud
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Engage with and analyze the Workflow service to ensure high reliability and bring new ideas to the product road mapWork with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Perform Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
- Investigate and drive live site (production environment) issues as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-10 years of software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as an agile team’s lead engineer, mentoring other developers
- Expertise writing optimised and secure code deployed to a customer-facing live site (production environment)
- Experience with Rust or C++
- Experience developing distributed microservice API systems
- Experience working with cloud scale systems
- Experience working within CI development pipelines
Nice to Haves:
- Experience developing solutions within a public-cloud ecosystem (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker/container-based development
- Experience with event-driven message broker patterns (RabbitMQ/AMQP)
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience in Redis
- Experience with Cassandra (CQL)
- Experience with AI/ML
- Experience with developing data pipelines
- Experience developing modern full stack web applications
Education and Training:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent field or experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy. #LI-LR1