About Okta Devices:
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication, which is why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building client software and web services to realize our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
We are looking for a passionate software development engineer to fulfill our vision. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in development and be enthusiastic about building engineering and core platform components for iOS and/or macOS client software. The role also gives the candidate a great opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential.
- You will join the macOS client foundations team and implement Okta's devices line of products and the foundations for Apple (iOS and macOS) client software.
- You are an experienced engineer and have a passion for working on the Apple platform, with strong knowledge on the MacOS platform and architecture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a unique technology differentiator for Okta’s access management solution on macOS devices.
- Work on the foundations of our macOS client software and improve how we write, ship, and learn.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Mac client components.
- Develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users.
- Modernize our product delivery by contributing to CI/CD processes and test automation to improve product offerings and developer velocity.
- Interface with client engineers across multiple product areas to simplify and improve our developer experience.
- Code and implement unit/functional tests.
- Review software design and peer's code.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as git, github.
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices.
- Well-organized, methodical, documentation and detail focused.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning, and helping customers.
- Strong development and debugging skills on macOS (or iOS) is required.
- Hands-on experience in writing Swift and/or Objective-C code is required.
- Experience working in an agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices is desirable.
- Experience with CI/CD environments, bug reporting tools, and crash reporting systems for Mac applications is desirable.
- Experience with Mac internals, Understanding of Apple system extensions, keychain, app permission models is desirable.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience in writing compositional and functional code.
- Experience building frameworks, reusable UI and foundation components.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated professional experience in software development, building software on macOS or iOS platform.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.