Okta is looking for a REMOTE Software Engineer Manager to lead the Identity Platform team in building a large-scale, mission-critical, and intuitive platform responsible for the fundamental layer of authentication and authorization which powers the core Okta Identity Engine. The team leverages industry standard protocols such as OAuth, OpenID Connect and SAML to create a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own.
As the leader of this team, you are passionate about security and delivering secure and simple products and solutions. You have experience developing enterprise-grade software in an object-oriented language, experience or knowledge in security, authentication, or identity, and as a plus, have built models from complex systems. You will bring out the best in each engineer, hire and develop talent, while ensuring the highest quality of software.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Product Owners
- Work with engineering management and other teams to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Provide technical guidance to ensure alignment with Engineering architectural vision and best practices
- Identify/Define/Refine Engineering processes to streamline product delivery and ensure quality
- Facilitate Agile project planning and execution by running weekly and monthly sprint planning, as well as, tracking cross teams dependencies to ensure prompt delivery
- Lead, recruit, and mentor software engineers
- We have development offices in San Francisco, San Jose, and Toronto as well as remote employees across North America, you will likely be managing teams spread across two or more time zones.
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and Technical Operations
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience managing software development engineering teams
- 5+ years of building high performing and scalable enterprise software
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, ability to guide and coach engineers
- Familiar with RESTful API design for developer audience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS strongly preferred
- Micro-service oriented architecture development and management
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies plus: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc. is a plus.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $160,000.00/year + equity + benefits)).