Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The shift to on-demand expectations is the biggest change in the workplace in decades. Employees want immediate, convenient, and personalized access to the tools and services they need to get their job done. In addition, organizations today adopt a lot of cloud and on-prem applications to ensure productivity of employees but still need to ensure that the right people have access to the right tools for the right amount of time in order to meet the many compliance standards as part of doing their business.
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to a modern, cloud-based identity and access management solution.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work on our identity and access management platform with a focus on access requests, access policies, and employee experience. You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will lead an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will get an opportunity to work with our strong engineering team to solve the most challenging problems of a global cloud service, with stringent performance, reliability and scalability requirements.
Our elite team is lean, fast, innovative, and flexible; with a continuous release cycle and individual end-to-end ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead design, implementation, evaluation, and productionization of ML/NLP/IR projects that are tightly coupled with the product.
- Implement new features and algorithms for our search and conversation engine.
- Handle data collection and data annotation tasks.
- Write high-quality code, with emphasis on maintainability, readability, and testing.
- General intellectual property -- write patents and publish papers.
- Review technical designs and code. Mentor and onboard new engineers.
- Willingness to learn and work on other parts of our platform stack.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Track record (3+ years professionally or 5+ years academically) of building ML and/or data pipeline systems.
- Solid understanding of practical and theoretical aspects of standard ML and NLP concepts.
- Experience with ML and NLP software packages and tools (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Torch, Spacy, NLTK).
- Proficient in Python
- Familiarity with modern data storage messaging and processing tools (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Spark, Elastic).
- Experience with high-pace test driven development and continuous integration environments.
- Ability to balance priorities while working alone or within a team.
Nice To Haves
- Exposure to micro service & events based async architecture.
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, or similar build tools
- Experience with FastAPI, Flask, GEvent Python server libraries
- Experience with high performance MongoDB environments.
- Experience using public cloud (GCP, AWS), docker containers, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD.
Education And Training
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.