We are looking for an experienced Network Cloud Architect to join our Technical Operations team. At Okta, we are "Always On." The core of that starts with this team, ensuring that customers never have to worry about the Okta service. They strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet.
For this role, we are looking for a smart, innovative, and passionate Network Cloud Architect. Someone who has a passion for designing complex cloud-based network infrastructure on a cloud platform. The ideal candidate is someone that welcomes the challenge and enjoys seeing their designs run at scale with automation, testing, and tuning. If you are someone who exemplifies the ethics of, "If you have to do something more than once, automate it," we want to hear from you!
Due to federal data handling requirements, candidates must be a US Citizen.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on networking and security at scale
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable network services across engineering
- Be a subject matter expert and partner with our team at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, network diagrams, runbooks, and procedures
- Support a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
Qualifications for the role:
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Architect architecting and designing large scale network solutions
- 3+ years of experience architecting complex AWS Cloud Networking architecture (VPC, VPC peering, ALB/NLB, EC2, IAM, KMS) or on similar cloud platforms
- Experience designing VPC for public and private subnets
- Possess in-depth knowledge in network design, firewalls, cloud-based static and dynamic routing including BGP, packet capture analysis, anycast/unicast, load balancers and session management
- Prefer scripting for operational tooling in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go or similar
- Demonstrate strong Linux fundamentals
- Have exposure to FedRAMP, SOC2 or other compliance programs
- 3+ years of experience with automating systems and infrastructure via Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Champion excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence others
Education and Training:
- BS. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.